|Course Name||Certificate IV in Food Processing|
|Accreditation||Accredited under Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) & recognised Australia-wide|
This Qualification covers a range of food processing industries, such as:
- Baking (including large scale production of cakes, pastry, bread and plant baking)
- Beverages (including juices, soft drinks, cordials, aerated and still waters, energy drinks and other modified beverages, such as vitamin and antioxidant beverages, coffee, tea and ice)
- Dairy processing
- Fruit and vegetables
- Grocery products and supplies (including honey, jams, spreads, sauces, dressings, condiments, spices, edible oils and fats and pasta)
The Certificate IV in Food Processing targets those working in supervisory or middle management roles within food processing environments. This Qualification includes technical skill and knowledge required to solve food production problems and ensure that operations are implemented and maintained at optimal performance. Emphasis is on monitoring the implementation of food processing systems and procedures with input into management functions of the organisation.
Additional Qualification advice
Units selected from other Training Packages must be relevant to the work outcome, local industry requirements and the Qualification level.
Note: AgriFood Skills Australia expects that the design of any training delivery and assessment program to support the achievement of this Qualification is based on:
- the context required by the industry and/or enterprise
- a holistic and integrated training delivery and assessment plan that identifies learning activities and evidence required
- flexible delivery options including on-the-job and work-based training that support the development of competency.
There is no direct link between this Qualification and licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements. However, all work must comply with food safety, occupational health and safety (OHS) and environmental regulations and legislation that apply to the workplace.