|Course Name||Diploma of Disability|
|Accreditation||Accredited under Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) & recognised Australia-wide|
This qualification covers workers who are responsible for the coordination and management of agencies delivering services to people with a disability.
Workers in this role:
- Are usually also involved in service delivery, either direct client work and/or community development projects
- Have responsibility for supervision of other staff and volunteers.
To gain entry into CHC50108 Diploma of Disability a candidate must:
1. Be recognised as competent, through a recognised training program or recognition process, against the following units of competency common to CHC40312 Certificate IV in Disability:
CHCCS400C Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
CHCCS411C Work effectively in the community sector
CHCDIS301C Work effectively with people with a disability
CHCDIS410A Facilitate community participation and inclusion
CHCICS402B Facilitate individualised plans
2. Have sufficient relevant work experience in the disability sector to indicate likely success at this level of qualification in a job role involving:
- The application of knowledge with depth in some areas and demonstration of a broad range of technical and other skills
- A wide range of tasks and roles in a variety of contexts, with complexity in the range and choices of actions required
- The exercise of discretionary judgement and decision making under general guidance.